• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

Re: PEOPLE WHO PASS YOU BY AND DON"T SAY HELLO.

#39643 3 years, 1 month ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
thats was you ,took me all day to get the freaking change out of the sewer .dammit

Should of asked me to help. Remember I sat down beside you and was crying about the cheese eater comment, cause I couldn't figure out what the hell that meant.
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#39650 3 years, 1 month ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
thats was you,took me all day to get the freaking change out of the sewer .dammit

You did leave some for 420 down in the drain I hope, gotta make him work for that change you know
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#39657 3 years, 1 month ago
sometimes people are having a bad day or have something really intense on their minds...I know I've done this before especially if somebody is staring at me and not immediately saying something, cause then its just weird. You never know what anybody was doing up until the point that you see them so who knows what state of mind they are in...maybe they are doing you a favor by not telling you about what's going on. Let's not be so assuming judgmental and quick to think that because some doesn't say hello that they have less value to you as person at that moment in time.

“If you have only one smile in you, give it to the people you love. Don't be surly at home, then go out in the street and start grinning 'Good morning' at total strangers.” - Maya Angelou
odea
Junior Boarder
At least I'm enjoying the ride

#39658 3 years, 1 month ago
just moved from WV to LINY and I gotta say that there are so many people here I realize why you can't exactly be friendly to everyone you see. You wouldn't have time to do anything else!

I do miss the friendly wave, though. People around here are in a rush to do nothing.
"Here was blue, here was yellow, here was green, sky and river, woods and mountains, all beautiful, all mysterious and enchanting, and in the midst of it, he, Siddhartha, the awakened one, on the way to himself."
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#39660 3 years, 1 month ago
captaintony wrote:
83msg1sttyme wrote:
thats was you ,took me all day to get the freaking change out of the sewer .dammit

Should of asked me to help. Remember I sat down beside you and was crying about the cheese eater comment, cause I couldn't figure out what the hell that meant.
yeah i remember ,you drank almost all my thunderbird ,but you gave me that good tip on that dog (flea bisket) for the track so it worked out ok
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#39685 3 years, 1 month ago
When I lived in dowtown Vancouver a friend and I were walking down the street in front of a movie theatre and I turned to him and said' notice how we are surrounded by people yet no one is talking to anyone or even acknowledging the other humans around them'. Even dogs have to sense to get close to each other and give a sniff. People are fuct.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
drugshovel
Fresh Boarder

#39721 3 years, 1 month ago
If you want to experience this on a daily basis come to Atlanta GA. People will run in fear if you so much as smile at them. Either that or they look right through you, as if you are not even there. At first it bothered me, but now I have found humor in it. I actually go out of my way, to say "Hello" to as many people as possible. Just to tally up the reactions. Positive response is very low.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#39738 3 years, 1 month ago
drugshovel wrote:
If you want to experience this on a daily basis come to Atlanta GA. People will run in fear if you so much as smile at them. Either that or they look right through you, as if you are not even there. At first it bothered me, but now I have found humor in it. I actually go out of my way, to say "Hello" to as many people as possible. Just to tally up the reactions. Positive response is very low.

when i was in ATL for furthur i was in the city trying to pull over so i went up this sidewalk/entrance type thing and an african american guy walks by me in the car and i ask where the nearest motel is to where we are at and he hops in my car and directs me to the motel while inside...i gave him a ride back and a granola bar/bottle of water for the help...

i TOTALLY get what you're saying though, it is like that in basically every major city
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
derek92
Junior Boarder

#39835 3 years, 1 month ago
i usaully dont have the nerve to say hi first im nervouse sometimes especially in a show setting at first and depending what i did before
BEW
Junior Boarder

#40300 3 years, 1 month ago
Happened to me with a "friend" at an art show opening...worse yet, I walked up and stood in a small group and talked to her again...she ignored me...nothing had happened between us...other people noticed and mentioned to me after how rude...they spoke to me she did not. I think when people have something to say, if they are pissed at you they should give you the info...rather than freezing you out when you have NO IDEA what you have done to deserve this>>>
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
Time to create page: 7.01 seconds